Are you our new Business Development Manager?
Written by Admin on 16/03/2022
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
If you are passionate about selling and are self motivated, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Dublin City FM, Ireland’s biggest community radio station. We broadcast on 103.2FM across greater Dublin to a weekly audience of almost a quarter of a million adults.
We are just about to move into new state of the art studios in the centre of the city and we are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and sales driven person to join our team as Business Development Manager. You’ll ideally live in or within an easy commute of Dublin and have a good knowledge of the city.
You will concentrate on both clients and agencies local to Dublin, developing new campaign ideas, winning new business and demonstrating great account management skills. The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio, although we’re still keen to hear from all great candidates.
What we offer
At Dublin City FM we work hard, but enjoy ourselves along the way. Our culture is very much one of responsibility where we give you the tools and trust you to use your experience to do a great job. As part of it you’ll get a competitive salary as well as a rewarding commission structure and a fun and lively environment to work in.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the Dublin City FM brand, becoming an ambassador for the station
- Seek new business opportunities, with direct clients and agencies
- Devising and planning bespoke campaigns to meet the customers objectives
- Working with the programming team to implement campaign ideas and create great radio
- Account manage and super serve our customers
Key Measure of Success
- Achieve monthly targets
- Attract and retain new and existing customers
- Ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Results driven
- Confident self-starter who is pro-active, responsibility, friendly and can work independently
- An ability to develop creative ideas that meet the needs of our client and maximise revenue
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Great face-to-face, telephone and communication skills
- Great presentation skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Good numeracy skills
- Willing to undertake training and development as and when required
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date is 28th March at 5pm.